||BEHC by Law 东方之声合唱团团章:
Article I Organization Structure
1. BEHC management shall consist of the General Assembly,
Board of Directors, and chorus Committee
i. The General Assembly (GA), which consists of all members of this
chorus, holds the ultimate authority that every member of this
organization shall obey.
ii. The Board of Directors (Board) is the highest policy making body. It
is also the highest decision-making body in the chorus while GA is not
iii. The chorus Administration Committee, which shall report to the
Article II Board of Directors
2. The Board has overall responsibility for the present
and long term well being of the chorus. It shall follow its operation
guidelines in conducting its activities. It is responsible for chorus
bylaw changes and holds the ultimate power to interpret these bylaws. It
shall approve all chorus policies and regulations, chorus budget,
membership fee adjustment requests, and all other new initiatives and
3. Board directors shall be elected, except the President and the
Conductor, who automatically shall be Board directors while serving in
their respective positions.
4. Board directors shall serve for a two-year term with no limited terms
5. Election of Board directors shall be open to all chorus members.
Members may submit applications to the board should the positions become
vacant. The applicants should be recommended by the board and elected by
6. A board director may be removed from office if petitioned by more
than 1/3 of the full Board of directors and is subsequently approved by
no less than 2/3 of full Board of directors.
7. The Board shall consist of no less than seven (7), but no more than
nine (9) directors.
8. The chorus president is the Board chairman who shall serve for the
term of being the president.
9. The Board chairman is responsible for coordinating all board
functions and chairing board meetings.
10. The Board is responsible for recruiting and appointing the chorus
president and conductor.
11. The Board shall work with the chorus administration through the
president for implementation of any Board policies and regulations. The
Board shall not interfere with the chorus’s normal day-to-day operations
managed by the chorus’s administration committee.
12. Board directors are volunteers. There shall be no cash or equivalent
compensation for the services rendered as Board directors. However,
reimbursement of material costs incurred by the Conductor while
performing his/her duties shall be considered.
Article III Chorus Administration Committee
13. The chorus shall have a President. The President, as
the chief executive officer of the chorus, is responsible for the
overall normal day-to-day chorus operation and management.
14. The President is appointed for a two-year term and shall be eligible
to be re-appointed for a second two-year term. During the term, the
President may submit his/her resignation in writing at least 60 days
prior to the effective date; and the President’s term may be terminated
if petitioned by more than 1/3 of the full Board directors and is
subsequently approved by 2/3 of the full Board directors.
15. The President shall report to the Board regularly and seek Board
approval for any new initiatives and proposals, and any changes of the
existing policies and practices.
16. The chorus shall have a Conductor. The Conductor is responsible for
guiding, conducting and training the chorus in practices and
17. The Conductor is appointed for a two-year term, renewable without a
term limit. During the term, the Conductor may submit his/her
resignation in writing at least 60 days prior to the effective date. The
Conductor’s term may be terminated if petitioned by more than 1/3 of the
full Board directors and is subsequently approved by 2/3 of the full
18. The Conductor shall report to the Board regularly and seek Board
approval for any new artistic initiatives and proposals, and any changes
of the existing policies and practices regarding artistic matters.
19. The chorus shall have a Vice President. The vice president shall be
nominated by the President and approved by a majority vote of Board for
a two-year term. The Vice President shall assist the President in the
overall chorus operation and management. The Vice President shall become
the President should the President position become vacant.
20. The chorus shall have an administration committee, appointed and
managed by the President, serving the same two-year term, renewable
without a term limit. The administration committee shall work
effectively in their respective positions, and fully support the
21. The artistic staff of the committee should be recommended by the
Conductor and appointed by the President.
Article IV Organization Membership
22. Any one registered in the chorus, and who abides by
the bylaws of and regulations of this chorus, shall be a member of this
23. The chorus member must pay Membership fees according to the chorus
24. The chorus member bears full responsibility for his/her personal
safety and property during the chorus activities.